Monday, March 2, 2009

"The Road"

So I just finished reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy...Wow.

Just WOW. The over thinking, paranoid person that I sometimes am was affected by this book immensely. If "affected" is the right word, I am not quite sure yet. It is a deeply depressing, alarming and eye opening book but don't let the depressing and alarming keep you from reading it. It is a fast read - brilliantly written. I couldn't put it down and devoured it in 2 days.

The message in this book makes me advocate that every human being read it. Seeing the state of our world and the perilous road our country is on makes this hit a little close to home. Without giving too much away, I will say that the author's message is as clear and firm a warning as any. No doubt that humans are the main threat to humanity and civilization. Will a hand full of our fellow men be responsible for the destruction and down fall of the world? I certainly hope not but it doesn't look very good right now with the overwhelming abundance of "nut jobs" out there calling all sorts of shots. We shall live and see who will eventually "carry the fire".

1 comment:

FAVORITE AUNT said...

Are you going to bring it next time you are in Miami?